I'm pleased to announce the release of Spider storage engine version 2.25(beta) and Vertical Partitioning storage engine version 0.14(beta).
Spider is a Storage Engine for database sharding.
Vertical Partitioning is a Storage Engine for vertical partitioning for a table.
The main changes in this version are following.
- Add table parameter "skip_default_condition" and "direct_order_limit".
- Add server parameter "spider_skip_default_condition" and "spider_direct_order_limit".
"direct_order_limit" improves some SQL with "order by" and "limit" performance.
- Add UDF "spider_flush_table_mon_cache".
"spider_flush_table_mon_cache" is used for reflecting changing of table monitoring server information.
- Wild card for monitoring server information is now available.
Wild card like used for user information can be used for monitoring server information(db_name、table_name、link_id), and you can set a monitoring server information for multiple tables. For this changing, Spider's management table was changed from previous version, please execute "install_spider.sql" for upgrading.
This release is bug fix release.
- Table partitioning supports fulltext searching.
- Added following parameters to bundled handlersocket.
Handlersocket supports bulk inserting.
This parameter is bulk size of inserting.
There is a feature that insert from multiple users becomes bulk insert, and there is the speed-up of insert of the application to which insert of a single line is done with the MultiThreading.
0:Disable bulk inserting.
1-:Execute bulk inserting when the stocked records increase more than the values of the parameter.
The maximum standby time of the state that it doesn't reach the number of records of handlersocket_bulk_insert to execute bulk insert. (second)
- Table partitioning supports "handlersocket_direct_update_mode" with Spider. (It only works with unlimited updating and deleting with handlersocket_unlimited_boundary.)
Please see "99_change_logs.txt" in the download documents for checking other changes.
Thanks to Kazuhide, Takahiro, Yuki, Hiroshi and Sangjin for bug reporting.
Thanks to Mikiya for your advice.