I'm pleased to announce the release of Spider storage engine version 2.24(beta) and Vertical Partitioning storage engine version 0.13(beta).
Spider is a Storage Engine for database sharding.
Vertical Partitioning is a Storage Engine for vertical partitioning for a table.
The main changes in this version are following.
- MySQL 5.5 support.
- handlersocket support.
You can use handlersocket through Spider table that called by handlersocket. It means handlersocket can access to sharded databases. Currently, handlersocket support only Linux.
Set "spider_use_hs_read=1" and "spider_use_hs_write=1" for activating this feature.
Added following parameters to bundled handlersocket.
Please set this parameter to 1, if you want to use merge_myisam and vp tables through handlersocket.
Improvement performance for a lot of rows updating. Currentry, this parameter works only for Spider table(except partitioned Spider table). I will add a direct update feature for partitioned Spider table at next release.
There are following modes.
1:direct update mode 1
This mode can write binary logs on local server at direct updating.
2:direct update mode 2
This mode cannot write binary logs on local server at direct updating, but this mode is the fastest. (This mode can write binary logs on remote server)
If limit value is more than this parameter, limit value means unlimited.
- Support fulltext search.
Except partitioned Spider table. I will add a fulltext search feature for partitioned Spider table at next release.
- It's available to set monitoring_node for per table, per link_id and per pertition to mysql.spider_link_mon_servers.
- Add table parameter "hs_read_port", "hs_write_port", "use_handler", "use_hs_read", "use_hs_write", "hs_read_socket" and "hs_write_socket".
- Add server parameter "spider_use_handler", "spider_use_hs_read", "spider_use_hs_write", "spider_hs_r_conn_recycle_mode", "spider_hs_r_conn_recycle_strict", "spider_hs_w_conn_recycle_mode" and "spider_hs_w_conn_recycle_strict".
- Add value of 3 to "auto_increment_mode"(table parameter) and "spider_auto_increment_mode"(server parameter).
- MySQL 5.5 support.
- Support full text search.
Except partitioned VP table. I will add a fulltext search feature for partitioned VP table at next release.
Please see "99_change_logs.txt" in the download documents for checking other changes.
Thanks to Gen, Yoshihiko, Satoko and Makoto for testing and bug reporting for online schema changing.
Thanks to Takahiro and Kazuhide for testing and bug reporting for Spider's HA feature and VP.
Thanks to Kamipo and Laurent for bug report.